interior layout - first attempt (worthy of posting)

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

interior layout - first attempt (worthy of posting)

Postby sparky_miller » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi everyone!

This is my last exam and I test in less than two weeks (so i have enough time for a retest or two....).

More than comments on this layout, I am looking for ways to simplify my decision making...but, obviously, any specific feedback would be great!

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 4.12.32 PM.png

It takes me 2+ hours to do one of these and when finished they would likely not pass muster.

time crunches (like this) are my nemesis - I've always been slow and methodical at laying out interiors. when I'm attempting this vignette, i think about how much time it's taking and lock myself into a layout and tweak and tweak and tweak. I've read a bunch of study materials - kaplan, ballast, sbyrktct's website, watched free videos, and attempted paper alternates but don't have a ton of time left!

I'm thinking about buying Coach's video for this vignette. Hopefully there are ways for me to get faster. aside from practice practice and more practice of course!

Cheers and thanks in advance guys!
Anne
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sparky_miller

Re: interior layout - first attempt (worthy of posting)

Postby Sparky83 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:05 pm

East lounge chair is in the push side clearance of the entry door to the suite. That makes the entire suite inaccessible. Fatal.
East end of the copier is inaccessible.
Verify a 3' clear path to get past the copier to the bookcase in CR.
JO and SO furniture and functions are swapped. Fatal.
Sparky83

Re: interior layout - first attempt (worthy of posting)

Postby sparky_miller » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:23 pm

Thanks Sparky83!

Back to the drawing board.
sparky_miller

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN