Building Layout - 1st try

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Building Layout - 1st try

Postby smithce5 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:57 pm

Same drill-- This is my first attempt at the building layout. A couple of questions I have
- Does the solution get points deducted if it has large corridor sizes?
- What is the travel distance needed to meet the "near" requirements?

Thanks for all of your help!! Just reading through all of the posts on this forum has been a lifesaver on multiple occasions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smithce5

Re: Building Layout - 1st try

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:01 pm

smithce5 wrote:Same drill-- This is my first attempt at the building layout. A couple of questions I have
- Does the solution get points deducted if it has large corridor sizes? Not as long as you meed the % requirement.
- What is the travel distance needed to meet the "near" requirements? Same half of the same floor, door to door.

Thanks for all of your help!! Just reading through all of the posts on this forum has been a lifesaver on multiple occasions.

GR does not have the required view. Major program error.
Why is there a door between CR and MP?
TR's do not have to stack. Upper TR's could go along the south side of OB.
R/GR window does not provide visual control of the GR entry.
Stairs have no exits. Fatal.
Sparky83

Postby smithce5 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Thank you Sparky83, I have no idea how I missed the stair doors :roll:

For the visual control of the GR entry, does the door need to be located further to the right, in a place that has a sightline from the reception? I'm trying to understand the visual control requirement a little better--
smithce5

Postby Sparky83 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 am

smithce5 wrote:Thank you Sparky83, I have no idea how I missed the stair doors :roll:

For the visual control of the GR entry, does the door need to be located further to the right, in a place that has a sightline from the reception? I'm trying to understand the visual control requirement a little better--

A person in R must be able to see the GR entry through an interior window. The angle is too steep for the R/GR window you have to work.
Sparky83

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN