BL - 1st Try

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

BL - 1st Try

Postby alo83 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:37 am

Testing on Monday.

My questions are:
- does the corridor need to directly exit to the outside? Or can you exit through a stair as I've drawn?
- my ground floor circulation space is large, but the total circulation is less than the 25% of program total as required. Will this cause an error?
- do corridors matter if they are wider than 6'? Or just if narrower? Do I need to spend the time to make them closer to 6'?
- for windows, do you just draw one large window per room? Or several small? Does it matter?

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alo83

Re: BL - 1st Try

Postby Sparky83 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:29 pm

alo83 wrote:Testing on Monday.

My questions are:
- does the corridor need to directly exit to the outside? Or can you exit through a stair as I've drawn? The stair IS an exit, so what you have drawn is fine.
- my ground floor circulation space is large, but the total circulation is less than the 25% of program total as required. Will this cause an error? Does the program break it down by floor?
- do corridors matter if they are wider than 6'? Or just if narrower? Do I need to spend the time to make them closer to 6'? 6' clear is the minimum
- for windows, do you just draw one large window per room? Or several small? Does it matter?
...at least one required per the program. 4' to 6' wide is recommended.
Thanks in advance.

Double doors are a waste of time. Egress capacity is not in the program.
Visual controls missing.
Logically EE should be adjacent to E.
West stair has no exit. Major error.
Sparky83

Postby alo83 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:45 am

Just a question about the west stair egress. One stair can't egress out of the lobby? That means both have to have doors directly to the exterior as well as the interior on the ground floor?
alo83

Postby lesliediane » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:54 am

alo83 wrote:Just a question about the west stair egress. One stair can't egress out of the lobby? That means both have to have doors directly to the exterior as well as the interior on the ground floor?

Per the Code from the Practice Exam

"Stairs
1. Discharge stairs directly to the exterior at grade. "

Read everything in the directions, program, and code very carefully!
lesliediane

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:58 pm

alo83 wrote:Just a question about the west stair egress. One stair can't egress out of the lobby? Why can't the stair connect to the lobby?That means both have to have doors directly to the exterior as well as the interior on the ground floor? That's what the code says.
Sparky83

Postby alo83 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:40 pm

Thanks everyone. I'll tack that up to using my actual architecture knowledge v the test's code. Thanks for pointing that out. Appreciate it!

Also, for the overlooking view, and interior window is enough? Correct?
alo83

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN