IL - first try

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

IL - first try

Postby alo83 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:48 am

Testing in a week and a half and just did the vignette in the practice software for the first time.

I'm concerned about 60" turning circles overlapping doors -specifically in the JO room. Is that an issue? Can I narrow the conference room? Or do I need 3' access behind all chairs?

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alo83

Re: IL - first try

Postby lesliediane » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi there.

Your T44 (table for four) does not work. There needs to be 3' clear between the back of the northeast chair and the credenza and between the back of the southeast chair and the desk chair.
Show your door clearances at the door between the SO and the LCR. I don't think the pull side works.
I know you have a 3' circle drawn between the corner of one secretary desk and the filing cabinet, but it doesn't look like the circle actually fits between the two at its FULL DIAMETER. (I did this on my own drawing and had to correct it.) You should be able to pull the circle all the way through without overlapping the furniture.
Just FYI, I read that NCARB finally spoke up and said that the 5' turning radius cannot overlap the door swing. It appears you still have it somewhere in each space, but just so you know. :)
lesliediane

Postby lesliediane » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:08 pm

alo83 wrote:Testing in a week and a half and just did the vignette in the practice software for the first time.

I'm concerned about 60" turning circles overlapping doors -specifically in the JO room. Is that an issue? Yes, see my previous post. However, it appears you still have a 5' diameter at the north end of the room, just as long as you correct your T44 and can reach it. :) Can I narrow the conference room? Or do I need 3' access behind all chairs? Yes, you need 3' access behind the chairs at the long sides. The idea is that if a chair is the DESTINATION to which a person is going, then the 3' is needed between the back of the table and the wall. But if you have to PASS BEHIND the chair to get to a different chair, you need 3' between the back of the chair and the wall.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I didn't see your questions before I posted my first response.
lesliediane

Postby alo83 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:37 am

Lesliediane,

Thanks for your comments. Seems to me that this layout isn't great since there are no ways to narrow the conference room or the SO office to get enough room around the T44. What's the suggestion for that table? Is there a way to rotate it to fit?
alo83

Postby Sparky83 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:08 am

alo83 wrote:Lesliediane,

Thanks for your comments. Seems to me that this layout isn't great since there are no ways to narrow the conference room or the SO office to get enough room around the T44. What's the suggestion for that table? Is there a way to rotate it to fit?

Rearrange the contents of JO. Lots of wasted space at the north end of the room.
Sparky83

Postby lesliediane » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:11 pm

You also may be able to narrow SO by putting the coffee table in the corner with one arm chair on the south wall flanking it and one arm chair on the east wall flanking it. It's still considered accessible if it has chairs on either side of it in a corner. You can put the third chair also on the south wall as long as it doesn't interfere with the clearance on the pull side of the door.
lesliediane

Postby nicolenalvarez » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:45 am

Look at the NCARB Exam Guide passing example. It's almost exactly the same as yours with a couple tweaks that make it work.
nicolenalvarez

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN