Ncarb Building Layout - 1st try

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Ncarb Building Layout - 1st try

Postby Yc18 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Hello, I have test in a week, besides the vignette, i also need clarification on the following. any comments are appreciated.

1. is random size window (anything larger than 4'-0") acceptable? is 1 4'-0" exterior window suffice when both exterior window and view required?
2. is door required for elevator shaft?
3. is it suggested to leave unused space as is or make it part of corridor? assuming it is not deadend. ie. the CO space between Elevator shaft and Toilet on the 2nd floor.

thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yc18

Re: Ncarb Building Layout - 1st try

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Yc18 wrote:Hello, I have test in a week, besides the vignette, i also need clarification on the following. any comments are appreciated.

1. is random size window (anything larger than 4'-0") acceptable? Not a big deal. Typical 4' to 6' wide is recommended.is 1 4'-0" exterior window suffice when both exterior window and view required? Yes.
2. is door required for elevator shaft? No. That is answered in the study guide.
3. is it suggested to leave unused space as is or make it part of corridor? assuming it is not deadend. ie. the CO space between Elevator shaft and Toilet on the 2nd floor. Never leave roof "islands".

thank you

Cannot see any windows.
Double doors are a waste of time. Egress capacity is not in the scope of this vignette.
Avoid L-shaped rooms.
Sparky83

Re: Ncarb Building Layout - 1st try

Postby Yc18 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:18 pm

so helpful, thank you for pointing it out. Sparky83 :D
Yc18

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN