Building Layout Take 2 - Comment please testing this week

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Building Layout Take 2 - Comment please testing this week

Postby nidagm » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Please ignore the lack of the windows. Those are easy once I get the planning done. On the second floor, there are single-loaded corridors partially. Is that ok? Thanks for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nidagm

Re: Building Layout Take 2 - Comment please testing this wee

Postby Coach » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:14 pm

nidagm wrote:Please ignore the lack of the windows. Those are easy once I get the planning done.

Maybe so, but posting without wastes everyone's time.

On the second floor, there are single-loaded corridors partially. Is that ok?

Yes.

TRs undersized.
EM shape poor.
Office connections missing.
Why does SO have 2 doors?
Limit exterior recess depth to twice width.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby nidagm » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:28 pm

Coach wrote:
nidagm wrote:Please ignore the lack of the windows. Those are easy once I get the planning done.

Maybe so, but posting without wastes everyone's time.

On the second floor, there are single-loaded corridors partially. Is that ok?

Yes.

TRs undersized.
EM shape poor.
Office connections missing.
Why does SO have 2 doors?
Limit exterior recess depth to twice width.

Coach, thank you for your prompt review. Highly appreciated. I didn't want to waste anybody's time for looking at the windows. That is why I added the warning at the beginning. I am hoping it prevented people looking for those.
TRs read 102.67 sq.ft (you are right. It was me who read my notes incorrectly thinking they needed to be 100 sq.ft.). Speaking of areas, do we need to keep the areas exactly on spot or +/- 10% equally legit? Or a minor downgrade? I think I will have enough time to massage the areas, but I wanted to learn.
SO door is a leftover. Office connections also were there. Apparently, every time I move the spaces, I need to redraw them. Lessons learned - draw all doors and windows at the end and double check.
I know EMs shape is poor, but I thought if I will have a one L shape space let that be EM :)
I am not clear on your last comment. Are you referring to the lobby area. I am most concerned of the single loaded corridors on the second floor & roofs created by those. Would you please clarify what area you were referring? TIA
nidagm

Postby Coach » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:01 pm

nidagm wrote:Speaking of areas, do we need to keep the areas exactly on spot or +/- 10% equally legit?

Program allows the leeway so if each space is 90% to 100% of program it's fine.

I am not clear on your last comment. Are you referring to the lobby area.

Exterior recesses, like the space south of OB.

I am most concerned of the single loaded corridors on the second floor & roofs created by those. Would you please clarify what area you were referring? TIA

Single-loaded, or even unloaded corridors are not a problem, just watch recess depth and don't create roof islands or inaccessible 1st floor spaces.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN