Work table clearance

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Work table clearance

Postby nidagm » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:11 am

Can someone verify that it is okay not to have 5' in front of the work table and 3' suffices?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nidagm

Re: Work table clearance

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:32 am

There are no furniture items with specific space requirements, so NO, you do not need 5' at the worktable.
Inadequate push side clearance at the SO/LCR door.
Inadequate push side clearance at the CR/RBO door. CR is inaccessible. Fatal.
Sparky83

Postby nidagm » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Sparky83 wrote:There are no furniture items with specific space requirements, so NO, you do not need 5' at the worktable.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with the fatal statement. Thanks for pointing out. However, I don't agree with the push side clearance comment as the sketch lines are not evaluated by the software. I was timing myself and didn't have time to move my sketch rectangle, but I have the necessary clearance.
nidagm

Postby Coach » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:05 pm

nidagm wrote:However, I don't agree with the push side clearance comment as the sketch lines are not evaluated by the software.
I was timing myself and didn't have time to move my sketch rectangle, but I have the necessary clearance.

So what? The grader doesn't need sketch elements to know those errors are there.
Look again.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby Sparky83 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:23 pm

nidagm wrote:
Sparky83 wrote:There are no furniture items with specific space requirements, so NO, you do not need 5' at the worktable.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with the fatal statement. Thanks for pointing out. However, I don't agree with the push side clearance comment as the sketch lines are not evaluated by the software. I was timing myself and didn't have time to move my sketch rectangle, but I have the necessary clearance. NO. You do not have the necessary clearance at the door to CR.
Sparky83

Postby nidagm » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:55 pm

Sparky83 wrote:
nidagm wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with the fatal statement. Thanks for pointing out. However, I don't agree with the push side clearance comment as the sketch lines are not evaluated by the software. I was timing myself and didn't have time to move my sketch rectangle, but I have the necessary clearance. NO. You do not have the necessary clearance at the door to CR.

You are correct This means I better place all sketch rectangles and never take chances. I am glad I made this mistake here but not at the exam. This is my final solution after your feedback. Is it more like it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nidagm

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN