Building Layout First Take - testing soon please help

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Building Layout First Take - testing soon please help

Postby nidagm » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi,

Testing next week. Please see my building layout. I have a few questions.

1- I drew my corridor width as 6', but due to wall thickness it is 5'-6". Do I need to make sure it is 6' clear?
2- What do you think about my L-shaped rooms? Are they absolutely a no-no?
3- What do you think the unnecessary little corridor on the 2nd floor? I assume a downgrade (hopefully not a fail)? I was trying to stack the toilet rooms, but I guess it is totally unnecessary. I can move them and give that area to the L-shape room and make it less of an L-shape? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nidagm

Re: Building Layout First Take - testing soon please help

Postby nidagm » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Here is reworked version of my second floor. However, when I moved DD to the right, I have a small wall space to add a window? Does the size of the window matter?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nidagm

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:36 am

nidagm wrote:Hi,

1- I drew my corridor width as 6', but due to wall thickness it is 5'-6". Do I need to make sure it is 6' clear? The program says 6' clear. What do you think?
2- What do you think about my L-shaped rooms? Are they absolutely a no-no? Not recommended.
3- What do you think the unnecessary little corridor on the 2nd floor? What about it? I assume a downgrade (hopefully not a fail)? I was trying to stack the toilet rooms, but I guess it is totally unnecessary. I can move them and give that area to the L-shape room and make it less of an L-shape? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

EM shape/proportions very poor.
MP need 2 exits, not 3.
Cannot see any windows.
Move TS door east.
Why does LM have 2 doors?
LM proportions very poor. 2:1 is the max recommended.
Sparky83

Postby nidagm » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:33 pm

Sparky83 wrote:
nidagm wrote:Hi,

1- I drew my corridor width as 6', but due to wall thickness it is 5'-6". Do I need to make sure it is 6' clear? The program says 6' clear. What do you think?
2- What do you think about my L-shaped rooms? Are they absolutely a no-no? Not recommended.
3- What do you think the unnecessary little corridor on the 2nd floor? What about it? I assume a downgrade (hopefully not a fail)? I was trying to stack the toilet rooms, but I guess it is totally unnecessary. I can move them and give that area to the L-shape room and make it less of an L-shape? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

EM shape/proportions very poor.
MP need 2 exits, not 3.
Cannot see any windows.
Move TS door east.
Why does LM have 2 doors?
LM proportions very poor. 2:1 is the max recommended.

Thanks for your prompt answer, Sparky. It is holidays and I had no one to give me feedback, so I highly appreciate it. The reason I asked about the corridor with was because I wanted to learn whether there is a wiggle room due to 4" difference which caused by wall thickness. I will make sure they are clear 6 ft.

The reason I asked about the unnecessary corridor on the 2nd floor is because it doesn't lead anywhere. That is why I came up with the second solution for the 2nd floor. Did you see that? I rid of that corridor and moved the spaces to the right, but I had a small room for DO window. What do you think? Is it acceptable?

LM has 2 doors because I thought it is a big space with a long corridor, but you are right. It looks out of shape altogether. I will post one more try. I'd appreciate if you can look it over. HUGE THANKS!
nidagm

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN