Building Layout Vignette #1 - update just tested

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Building Layout Vignette #1 - update just tested

Postby jackstatic » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Hey guys and gals, just gave a whirl at the ncarb building layout vignette, any and all comments or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Of note, My total corridor sf were 1st floor - 381 sq ft , 2nd floor 720 sf. I believe I am well within the max % but I just want to confirm its of the total SF of the building and not the of the total sf per floor, if per floor than my 2nd floor corridor is over by like 120sf.

The Elevator equipment room gave me some struggles creating a weird dead corridor space on the 2nd floor, I ended up putting the door to the LM in that corridor to give it some purpose.
Not sure if I have any dead corridor spaces either. I tried to place the stairwells at the end of the corridor to prevent this. The potential issue is the lobby along the children's room.
The Lobby is also unfortunately L shape, not sure how acceptable this is.

Anyway this is a first run, so tomorrow I will be studying some other results on here, and reading Dorf as well (I find that reviewing results and reading Dorf are futile until I actually have attempted the vignette myself, since I may not understand what is being discussed)
Again thanks in advance for any comments!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jackstatic on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
jackstatic

Re: Building Layout Vignette #1 - Testing Saturday

Postby Coach » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:28 pm

jackstatic wrote:Of note, My total corridor sf were 1st floor - 381 sq ft , 2nd floor 720 sf. I believe I am well within the max % but I just want to confirm its of the total SF of the building and not the of the total sf per floor, if per floor than my 2nd floor corridor is over by like 120sf.

It's based on total programmed area.

The Elevator equipment room gave me some struggles creating a weird dead corridor space on the 2nd floor, I ended up putting the door to the LM in that corridor to give it some purpose.

Not an issue even of LM door was on south wall.

Not sure if I have any dead corridor spaces either.

Corridor at east ends and corridor between LM and E are dead ends, but since they are less than 20' long, they're fine.

The potential issue is the lobby along the children's room.

Lobby is not a corridor.

The Lobby is also unfortunately L shape, not sure how acceptable this is.

It's ok

Move SM door east.
Easy pass.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Building Layout Vignette #1 - update just tested

Postby jackstatic » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:13 am

Wow that was easy. Much easier than any of the sample vignettes. I finished IL with 30 mins left and triple checked my work and BL with 2 hours left and triple checked my work.

If I failed it's because of a total f up on my part like moving a room and a door getting erased. Which of course now I think I did, I won't be relaxing until I receive the pass or fail either way as per usual tho. NOW on to SS
jackstatic

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN