IL Alt #3 Vignette

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

IL Alt #3 Vignette

Postby jackstatic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:24 am

Holy hell... that is all I have to say about this vignette, it took me roughly 4 hours to come to an answer, a lot of restarts, some forum research, and a lot of swearing. This one was HARD!
So, my main question here is, the program doesn't specifically call out for the SO or LCR to both have direct access to the RBO. It is only mentioned that the JO shall be inaccessible, but what is the rule? Do I need direct access from both the SO and LCR or would 1 suffice since they all need to be interconnected anyway. I ask because I feel I would have been able to come to a conclusion much sooner if I was able to eliminate 1 entire door from the SO as opposed to it having 3. I'm sure a situation like this wont appear on the exam but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.
Anyway here is my very ugly layout. Hopefully Alt 4 works out easier for me, will post that and #2 later tonight, and as usual any and all feed back is greatly appreciated thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jackstatic

Re: IL Alt #3 Vignette

Postby sbyrktct » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:06 pm

Clearances look good.

jackstatic wrote:So, my main question here is, the program doesn't specifically call out for the SO or LCR to both have direct access to the RBO. It is only mentioned that the JO shall be inaccessible, but what is the rule?

Unless noted specifically not to, all rooms should have direct access to the RBO.
sbyrktct

Re: IL Alt #3 Vignette

Postby jackstatic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Thanks for all your reviews and answering of my questions, I honestly hope the test is no where near as difficult as this particular Vignette.
jackstatic

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN