IL #1 - NCARB version

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

IL #1 - NCARB version

Postby ryhayes37 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:45 pm

any reviews appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ryhayes37

Re: IL #1 - NCARB version

Postby jackstatic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:29 pm

The few things I noticed
Do not need direct access between CR and SO, its not stated in the program
Im pretty sure the T44 in JO doesn't have 36" clearance from the table to the walls
Be careful with the chairs, Ive seen people say to make sure they don't pass the tip of the curve.

Few questions I have based on this design, i myself am unsure why the chairs can be so close to the front of the table the way they are. Is there no required clearance from the front of these executive desks?
Similar to the chair question, Can the small bookshelf behind the exec desk in the SO be placed like that? Do we need 36" clearence from the back of the desk at any point to any other furniture or only from back of chair?
jackstatic

Postby sbyrktct » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:17 am

jackstatic wrote:Few questions I have based on this design, i myself am unsure why the chairs can be so close to the front of the table the way they are. Is there no required clearance from the front of these executive desks?

This is ambiguous from NCARB. The curve logically suggests that the desk should not face a wall or have furniture backing up to it.
IMO, this configuration with the chairs is fine... as long as, as you stated earlier, the curve does not block the chair clearance.

jackstatic wrote:Similar to the chair question, Can the small bookshelf behind the exec desk in the SO be placed like that? Do we need 36" clearence from the back of the desk at any point to any other furniture or only from back of chair?

Yes, the bookcase is fine. It has proper clearance.
The back of the desk is accessible by someone in the chair, so as long as there is clearance to access the chair, you're good.
36" from the back side of the desk to the wall, without needing to access any other furniture beyond the chair, is acceptable.
sbyrktct

Postby ryhayes37 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:24 pm

thanks. so essentially, as a rule of thumb, keep some 36" accessible space around each of the pieces of furniture but not necessarily on all sides?
ryhayes37

Postby ryhayes37 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:54 pm

may have answered my own question. In JO with regards to the T44, it's ok to have access to West and South chair from ONLY North and East sides but it's ok without access from BOTH sides. Correct?
ryhayes37

Postby sbyrktct » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:12 am

ryhayes37 wrote:may have answered my own question. In JO with regards to the T44, it's ok to have access to West and South chair from ONLY North and East sides but it's ok without access from BOTH sides. Correct?

Here... read this: http://arehelp.webs.com/sd
And click the link for "T44 Configurations"
sbyrktct

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN