BL - VIGNETTE PLEASE COMMENT

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

BL - VIGNETTE PLEASE COMMENT

Postby kotharin78 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:13 am

This is my third attempt and first upload for the BL, comments welcomed.

I struggled with this until I committed to making all rooms increments of 10' 20' or 30' depths so that it was easy to group them with no L-shapes (besides the lobby)

knowing we have freedom to put the elevator anywhere and possibly use the Elec/Mech room as an intervening space to access the small elev elec room also made it easier, hope i understood this correctly.

I probably could have adjusted to improve the lobby proportions, i don't know if that would have triggered a minor deficiency

thx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kotharin78

Re: BL - VIGNETTE PLEASE COMMENT

Postby Sparky83 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:14 am

West stair, lower level needs an interior door.
Sparky83

Postby kotharin78 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:35 am

Good catch Sparky!

I got goofed up by the redundant exit comments I see other solutions get caught on when they provide 2 exits other end of the lower level corridor (1 corridor exit + 1 exit stair exit) I didn't realize that the main entrance doesn't create a redundant exit when one is provided by the stairway here. Am I understanding this correctly?

thanks again
kotharin78

Postby Sparky83 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:35 am

kotharin78 wrote:Good catch Sparky!

I got goofed up by the redundant exit comments I see other solutions get caught on when they provide 2 exits other end of the lower level corridor (1 corridor exit + 1 exit stair exit) I didn't realize that the main entrance doesn't create a redundant exit when one is provided by the stairway here. Am I understanding this correctly?

thanks again

Lobby exit is required by the program.
Stairs must connect to the interior at both levels...required by the program.
Sparky83

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN