IL-ALT #3

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

IL-ALT #3

Postby kotharin78 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:58 pm

This is my first attempt at Alt #3... if anyone sees a mistake please let me know. thanks again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kotharin78

Re: IL-ALT #3

Postby DTH » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:41 am

Hello,

If this is the Alt. #3 program and vignette, my understanding is that this is probably the toughest combination of practice program and layout.

1. I think in 'JO' the clearance between the back edge of the chair at the exec. desk and the adjacent credenza encroach.. I'm not entirely sure but although you have 3'-0" clear behind the desk and book case, as well as the credenza, my understanding is that the circle needs to be able to be 'traced'. You may be fine - I really can't tell at the pinch point.

2. According to http://arehelp.webs.com/sd, the posture chairs and worktables should be treated as separate furniture - have you seen evidence to suggest otherwise? This is how I've been treating everything but it makes sense that you'd be able to put a chair infront of the worktables, similiar to how the coffee tables and lounge chairs work. Just taking the program literally that may not be the case.

3. Biggest error I see at a glance, is in SO. You have a lateral file(?) facing the back of the door that swings between JO and SO. Seems like you might've meant to rotate that to face the other direction ... I think it can face other CFA, but not the actual back of the door.
DTH

Re: IL-ALT #3

Postby kotharin78 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Thanks DTH,

those are some good catches...thanks for taking the time to review this. This alt was pretty crazy.

1. i measure that pinch point in PC Paint and it was an encroachment because i did not trace the 3' path there. :oops:
2. i didn't realize posture chair is not to be paired with the drafting tables. i will look at more ALT3 solutions posted :shock:
3. I didn't know the doors couldn't open in front of the furniture, so that was a great lesson for me... :o

Thanks again!
kotharin78

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN