IL-ALT #2

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

IL-ALT #2

Postby kotharin78 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:01 pm

This is ALT#2 Attempt

Some Questions:
1. Copy Machine - some blogs say that this also should have a 60" furniture clearance (like the worktable) I am still reading through the forum to see if this has been confirmed. If so, I would have to rework the Copy Room

2. Are overlapping ADA 60" circles with the door swing dotted line ok as long as it does not overlap the door leaf as shown.

3. Are lateral files butted against sec. desks ok or do they need to be against a wall?

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kotharin78

Re: IL-ALT #2

Postby DTH » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Hey Kotharin,

Thanks for responding to my thread earlier. I hope I can help with yours as well.

1. I have the same question, although I haven't heard 60" clear infront of the worktable. I think for now it's probably safe to assume that it is given that most show it that way, and the NCARB passing sample seems to as well. Actually ... after re-reading sbyrktct's site, it seems this was a suggestion from the late Dorf but not proven. *Shrug*

2. I believe this is ok. According to Sbyrktct and Jenny's notes I believe? You can find the former's helpful site below:

http://arehelp.webs.com/sd

3. I think laterals are ok as shown as long as they have the sufficient 3'-0" clear to access them in front..

Overall, other than what you pointed out above ... I think this looks like it works. As you mentioned I think you can place the conference tables more efficiently, which may help you in the other areas. I've been trying to follow the program pretty literally, but have challenged myself to give 5'-0" clearance for copier.
DTH

Re: IL-ALT #2

Postby sbyrktct » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:51 am

- one secr desk needs a clear view of the entry door... should not assume that the secr should turn their head more than 90 degrees

kotharin78 wrote:Some Questions:
1. Copy Machine - some blogs say that this also should have a 60" furniture clearance (like the worktable) I am still reading through the forum to see if this has been confirmed. If so, I would have to rework the Copy Room

Neither the copy machine nor the worktable require 60" clearance. They require 36" across the front (copier) or one long side (worktable). One 60" turning circle is required in each room, anywhere in the room.

kotharin78 wrote:2. Are overlapping ADA 60" circles with the door swing dotted line ok as long as it does not overlap the door leaf as shown.

NCARB has indicated that the 60" circle should not overlap the door swing. Minor error.

kotharin78 wrote:3. Are lateral files butted against sec. desks ok or do they need to be against a wall?

Fine as is.
sbyrktct

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN