IL Alts 1, 2 & 3 - Please Review

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

IL Alts 1, 2 & 3 - Please Review

Postby DTH » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:05 pm

Hello All,

Taking a stab at the Interior Layout Alternate programs #1, #2 & #3 for the layouts shown below, respectively.

A few concerns I have were the work tables and the secretary desk in the solution for Alt 3, and having the turning radius, clearance for the door and copier all overlap in both solutions.

My understanding is that the copier needs 5 ft clearance infront, but didn't see that in the program? I understand the turning radius and clear space cannot actually hit the door, but can't the clear space and door swing all overlap?

Any and all input is appreciated!

Alt #1
IL-Alt1 Solution.JPG

Alt #2
IL-Alt2 Solution.JPG

Alt #3
IL-Alt3 Solution.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DTH

Re: IL Alts 1, 2 & 3 - Please Review

Postby kotharin78 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi DTH,

I just posted my ALT#1 and ALT#2, so I will comment on those --feel free to be the first to comment on mine:)

ALT1:
(JO) The Large Bookcase 3' clearance in front of it is clashing with the Credenza or the Crendenza pull handles (I think projections count in a clearance)
(LCR) You have less than 3' clearance behind the N and S conference table chair
(SO) LEss than 3' clear Lateral File vs. the Exec Desk (same reason about the pull handles)

ALT2:
(SO) I believe we must provide a 3' clearance in front of the executive desk, its implied by the curved front. Other forum solutions should support this.
(LCR) This is more space efficient than mine :)
(JO) The double loaded layout seems to be inefficient but works -- I think your ADA circle could have fit with a little adjustments to this room it was one path between two facing rows of vert files
(CR) I am also not sure about the copy machine clearance of 5', but its true you would need to adjust the door leaf clash with that 5' deep clearance. The suggested modification to (JO) could have earned you an extra foot to adjust this room...
kotharin78

Postby kotharin78 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:15 pm

ALT3:

Now that I did ALT3, I came back to review this ALT3. Some references suggest that their should be furniture clearance on the front side of an Exec Desk (Ballast says 24" - 36" if its a guest seat (page 9-2, 3rd from last bullet point). So if room (JO) loveseat was rotated 90deg, I think that would satisfy that rqmt (according to Ballast)

Other than that, this looks like a great layout. The copy machine clearance and worktable clearance has been an ongoing question.
kotharin78

Postby kotharin78 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:25 pm

ALT3:

IF you look at this post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50940

this persons solution follows the 60" clearance for worktable and copy machine nicely by letting 2 worktables "drafting tables" share the same 60" clearance area 8-)

that was a pretty good trick, i suppose it works
kotharin78

Postby DTH » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:06 pm

Hello All,

I thought I'd post My solution for the Alt 4 Layout here as well. Please find it below - I'll be testing tomorrow, so any input is welcome for all layouts.

Alt. 4
IL-Alt4 Solution.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DTH

Postby DTH » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:09 pm

kotharin78 wrote:ALT3:

IF you look at this post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50940

this persons solution follows the 60" clearance for worktable and copy machine nicely by letting 2 worktables "drafting tables" share the same 60" clearance area 8-)

that was a pretty good trick, i suppose it works

This is a good reference - thanks for sharing. I agree that I need to provide some clearance infront of the exec. desk - that was wishful thinking on my part!
DTH

Postby DTH » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:31 pm

Another IL post - this time with the Alt. 5 Layout using the Alt 3 program.

(I'm thinking I should just make another topic with all solutions).

IL-Alt5 Solution.JPG
DTH

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN