IL questions

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

IL questions

Postby jdpa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:21 am

Please see the questions or things I would like to clarify below.

1. It's not required to provide access to go around the whole "conference table"(w/ its chairs) as long as all its chairs can be accessed, correct?

2. If I provide access to go around the whole "conference table"(w/ its chairs), do I still need to provide 60" diameter circle turning space in the room?
(I mean if I provide min. 3' clear access behind all the conference table chairs so wheelchair can go around the whole conference table set)

3. Does curved front side of "executive desk" require to be accessed for its full length?

4. It's ok to draw a wall from an edge of a window, right?
(Would it be counted as a major error if a wall was drawn from/to middle of a window?)

5. Is 2" space behind door alright?

Many thanks for your help in advance!!
jdpa

Re: IL questions

Postby dannychhan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:08 pm

jdpa wrote:Please see the questions or things I would like to clarify below.

1. It's not required to provide access to go around the whole "conference table"(w/ its chairs) as long as all its chairs can be accessed, correct? YES, BUT ONLY ACCEPTABLE WITH SINGLE CHAIR SIDE IS AGAINST A WALL AND ACCESS IS PROVIDED TO THE CHAIR

2. If I provide access to go around the whole "conference table"(w/ its chairs), do I still need to provide 60" diameter circle turning space in the room?
(I mean if I provide min. 3' clear access behind all the conference table chairs so wheelchair can go around the whole conference table set) GOOD POINT, BUT THE PROGRAM REQUIRES THE TURN AROUND PER THE CODE.

3. Does curved front side of "executive desk" require to be accessed for its full length? I USUALLY GIVE THE CLEARANCE FROM THIS POINT

4. It's ok to draw a wall from an edge of a window, right? YES
(Would it be counted as a major error if a wall was drawn from/to middle of a window?)

5. Is 2" space behind door alright? YES, 1-CLICK IS ACCEPTABLE

Many thanks for your help in advance!!

GOOD LUCK
dannychhan

Re: IL questions

Postby jdpa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:46 pm

Thank you!!
jdpa

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN