Building Layout - Dead End Lobby?

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Building Layout - Dead End Lobby?

Postby jennifer7308 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:05 am

Got a little turned around by the lobby, thinking I could have a dead-end condition there, but after reading some other posts it seems like dead-ends only count exclusively in the corridor. Does anyone know?

Also, I'm confused about the windows. I get the 4'-6' width, but should I put more than 1 in bigger rooms that need a view (like the multipurpose room)? And for interior windows, I get the receptionist needs them so they can have visual security, but do they need to see just the entry door other space? Or should the other space have an interior window also (ex. Children's Room)?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jennifer7308

Re: Building Layout - Dead End Lobby?

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:15 pm

jennifer7308 wrote:Got a little turned around by the lobby, thinking I could have a dead-end condition there, but after reading some other posts it seems like dead-ends only count exclusively in the corridor. Does anyone know? The program restricts dead-end corridors. There is no such thing as a dead-end lobby.

Also, I'm confused about the windows. I get the 4'-6' width, but should I put more than 1 in bigger rooms that need a view (like the multipurpose room)? It doesn't matter. It's a test, not a design.And for interior windows, I get the receptionist needs them so they can have visual security, but do they need to see just the entry door other space? What?Or should the other space have an interior window also (ex. Children's Room)? Why would you do that?

Double doors are not in the program. Egress capacity does not matterl.
Avoid L-shaped rooms.
MP has only 1 exit. 2 are required. MAJOR life safety error.
Visual controls missing.
Sparky83

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN