IL second try too

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

IL second try too

Postby pig » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:07 am

hi all,
kindly please see if this works?
question:
1. there is a slight overlap of 36" access circle in LCR west wall, is that ok?

2. same as question 1: or should i move the west wall to the left and make the wall not align with existing corner wall - is this allowed to make a room that is more than a L shape if it does not align with existing wall?

3. is it ok to overlap at the entrances of the rooms four 48" squares the way i did it in this attempt ie. all three entrances come together as shown in the drawing?

4. is it ok that the work table slightly protrude out from the corner so long as it does not obstruct the turn circles or get in the way of any 36" access requirement?

**5. made a slightly different copy room layout - does it work between copy machine and cabinet/bookshelf?

thank you so much for any insight!
pig
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pig

Re: IL second try too

Postby gbalaka » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:51 am

pig wrote:hi all,
kindly please see if this works?
question:
1. there is a slight overlap of 36" access circle in LCR west wall, is that ok?
Looks minor and should be acceptable

2. same as question 1: or should i move the west wall to the left and make the wall not align with existing corner wall - is this allowed to make a room that is more than a L shape if it does not align with existing wall?
Do not stress yourself over aligning walls to existing walls. Do not worry about aesthetics. If moving the wall benefits functionality, do it. This vignette does not care one bit about aesthetics. Doesn't matter if you place a chair in the middle of the room.

3. is it ok to overlap at the entrances of the rooms four 48" squares the way i did it in this attempt ie. all three entrances come together as shown in the drawing?
It is perfectly fine for the entrance squares to overlap. They can share that space.

4. is it ok that the work table slightly protrude out from the corner so long as it does not obstruct the turn circles or get in the way of any 36" access requirement?
If moving the table helps with clearances and does not cause an obstruction, then move it. It does not matter if it aligns with a wall. The computer grades you - not a person.

**5. made a slightly different copy room layout - does it work between copy machine and cabinet/bookshelf?
Try to keep the 5 foot circle away from the "swing" of the door. It's okay to overlap into the clearance rectangle, but try to stay away from the swing line. I may be wrong on this one.....that's just how i did it.

thank you so much for any insight!
pig
gbalaka

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN