BL vignette - thoughts?

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

BL vignette - thoughts?

Postby mlf » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Thoughts?
Are the doors from the MP ok? I placed the 2 to the corridor to address the "nearness" to the TS and CR, assuming they both should swing into the corridor for egress, is this right?
Also, the Stair on the west - is it ok to have the egress at the far end like that? I'm imagining the switchback landing could hopefully be placed high enough to pass under, but most examples show egress off to the side.
Thank you for your time!
BL-1.JPG
BL-2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mlf

Re: BL vignette - thoughts?

Postby Sparky83 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:29 am

mlf wrote:Thoughts?
Are the doors from the MP ok? I placed the 2 to the corridor to address the "nearness" to the TS and CR, assuming they both should swing into the corridor for egress, is this right? Yes, and if they are separated enough the exterior exit isn't needed.
Also, the Stair on the west - is it ok to have the egress at the far end like that? I'm imagining the switchback landing could hopefully be placed high enough to pass under, but most examples show egress off to the side. Rotate the stair and it won't matter.
Thank you for your time!

Avoid L-shaped rooms.
Cannot see view control windows.
TR's do not have to stack.
Move the east lower level stair entry door to the east and eliminate the east corridor exit door.
Sparky83

Postby mlf » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:24 am

Thank you.

Why would you eliminate the east corridor exit door? Do you have to or is it a matter of it just being unnecessary?

Why would you move the east lower level stair entry door?

L-shaped rooms are allowed, I know they have to have reasonable proportions. Any evidence from NCARB that they're an error or negative checkmark as long as the proportions are reasonable?

Can anyone else answer my question about the west stair - Sparky's response didn't answer the question (or, Sparky, care to answer?)?
mlf

Postby mlf » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:36 am

Also, how would you rotate the west stair as you suggest in my design?
mlf

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN