Interior Layout - Do you think I passed?

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Interior Layout - Do you think I passed?

Postby sergiomiguel2 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:28 pm

Hello,

Biggest concerns:
Entry to the JO office in the corner, it seems tight and awkward even though I meet my clearances
Reception room has some tight areas, but the lateral cabinets back to back worry me most, it was only way I could get them to fit as I had missed one in my layout originally, I caught it and fit it best I could as time expired
Copy Room was larger and had more things in the actual exam, but it was tight as my example shows, clearances tight, and dead end in the back of the room

Please let me know if you thin any of these would have failed me and if anything in the layout that looks like they would have knicked points off

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sergiomiguel2

Re: Interior Layout - Do you think I passed?

Postby gbalaka » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:28 pm

As long as your clearances work, it doesn't matter how "tight" the fit is. It's not about aesthetics - it just has to work.

My biggest concern about this exam was the 1 hour time limit. If i were you, i would be very familiar with the software and practice with a clock. On exam day, that 1 hour limit feels like 5 minutes and it goes by pretty fast.

Start with the big picture and work your way down from there. Make sure you draw all the rooms, place all the doors and place all the furniture.

I personally worked on this vignette until the very last second and almost had a panic attack. Don't try and be a perfectionist and you'll do just fine.

Looks good though.
gbalaka

Postby sergiomiguel2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:38 pm

gbalaka wrote:As long as your clearances work, it doesn't matter how "tight" the fit is. It's not about aesthetics - it just has to work.

My biggest concern about this exam was the 1 hour time limit. If i were you, i would be very familiar with the software and practice with a clock. On exam day, that 1 hour limit feels like 5 minutes and it goes by pretty fast.

Start with the big picture and work your way down from there. Make sure you draw all the rooms, place all the doors and place all the furniture.

I personally worked on this vignette until the very last second and almost had a panic attack. Don't try and be a perfectionist and you'll do just fine.

Looks good though.

Thank you! Yes the timing was quite difficult to get down, and once committed to the design you can only tweak due to the time constraints :/
Fingers crossed! Thanks again for looking :)
sergiomiguel2

Postby Coach » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:30 pm

sergiomiguel2 wrote:Reception room has some tight areas, but the lateral cabinets back to back worry me most,

Nothing wrong with that configuration. You also could have placed one against wall and the other against desk.

Was SO supposed to have a window?
Coach
Site Admin

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN