BL 1st Attempt

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

BL 1st Attempt

Postby r1st808 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:00 am

Here's my first crack at the BL vignette. Comments are greatly appreciated!

ARE SD Fl1 Vignette 1.JPG

ARE SD Fl2 Vignette 1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
r1st808

Re: BL 1st Attempt

Postby Sparky83 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:43 am

Double doors are a waste of time. Egress capacity is not in the scope of this vignette.
A direct connection between TS and MP is not in the program.
Cannot see any visual control windows in R.
EE has no door.
MP does not need windows in the east or west walls.
Do R, CR and W have exterior windows?
SM has no door.
TR's do not have to stack.
Sparky83

Postby r1st808 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:00 am

Hi Sparky83, thanks much for the feedback.

Sparky83 wrote:Double doors are a waste of time. Egress capacity is not in the scope of this vignette. Understood.
A direct connection between TS and MP is not in the program. Do you think this would be penalized? "Direct Access" in lieu of "Near"?
Cannot see any visual control windows in R. Yes, I didn't think you could do interior windows, but after looking at other people's solutions, I understand that's the way to meet the "visual control" requirement.
EE has no door. Totally forgot to put that door between EM & EE.
MP does not need windows in the east or west walls. Understood. Need to avoid such additions from "design instinct"!
Do R, CR and W have exterior windows? Yes, just hard to see because of poor image quality and walls being right on setback line.
SM has no door. I moved the room after placing windows and doors, and the doors disappeared. Will note that moving rooms after doors are placed requires putting in new doors.
TR's do not have to stack.Understood.
r1st808

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:24 am

r1st808 wrote:Hi Sparky83, thanks much for the feedback.

Sparky83 wrote:Double doors are a waste of time. Egress capacity is not in the scope of this vignette. Understood.
A direct connection between TS and MP is not in the program. Do you think this would be penalized? "Direct Access" in lieu of "Near"? Adding things not in the progra won't help and could hurt. Direct connection is not near".
Cannot see any visual control windows in R. Yes, I didn't think you could do interior windows, but after looking at other people's solutions, I understand that's the way to meet the "visual control" requirement.
EE has no door. Totally forgot to put that door between EM & EE.
MP does not need windows in the east or west walls. Understood. Need to avoid such additions from "design instinct"!
Do R, CR and W have exterior windows? Yes, just hard to see because of poor image quality and walls being right on setback line.
SM has no door. I moved the room after placing windows and doors, and the doors disappeared. Will note that moving rooms after doors are placed requires putting in new doors.
TR's do not have to stack.Understood.
Sparky83

Postby exams4ever » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:46 am

You don't need direct connection ( door) between EM and EE. It is not in the program. Also, EE needs to be accessible from the corridor. ALL rooms needs to be accessible from the corridor ( with or without direct connection with any other space) as per the program.
exams4ever

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:15 pm

exams4ever wrote:You don't need direct connection ( door) between EM and EE. It is not in the program. Also, EE needs to be accessible from the corridor. ALL rooms needs to be accessible from the corridor ( with or without direct connection with any other space) as per the program.

You might want to read the program again, and EE must have a door.
Sparky83

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN