BL - Question - Which floor do rooms go on?

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

BL - Question - Which floor do rooms go on?

Postby seflo » Thu May 18, 2017 5:39 pm

Does the Elevator Equipment Room (EE) and Electrical / Mechanical Room (EM) have to go on the first floor?

After making a chart and noting the dependencies it seems that there are 3 rooms that are not dependent on a floor, those are Social Worker (SW), Elevator Equipment Room (EE) and Electrical / Mechanical Room (EM). Did other people get this as well or am I missing something?

Thanks,
seflo

Re: BL - Question - Which floor do rooms go on?

Postby Sparky83 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:44 pm

seflo wrote:Does the Elevator Equipment Room (EE) and Electrical / Mechanical Room (EM) have to go on the first floor? Design logic is a part of the program. It's logical to put those rooms on the lower level.

After making a chart and noting the dependencies it seems that there are 3 rooms that are not dependent on a floor, those are Social Worker (SW), Elevator Equipment Room (EE) and Electrical / Mechanical Room (EM). Did other people get this as well or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Sparky83

Re: BL - Question - Which floor do rooms go on?

Postby gbalaka » Thu May 18, 2017 8:41 pm

seflo wrote:Does the Elevator Equipment Room (EE) and Electrical / Mechanical Room (EM) have to go on the first floor?

Thanks,

Yes, there will be a few rooms that will not be specific to a certain floor. It's up to you to decide where to place those.

This is one of those types of tests that has many correct solutions as it's based on the user's "design". I use that word very loosely as this is simply putting together a puzzle.
gbalaka

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN