IL - NCARB 4.0 First try

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

IL - NCARB 4.0 First try

Postby joycebmartz » Wed May 03, 2017 7:55 pm

This is my first take at this IL vignette. Please comment on it. thank you.

I have 2 questions...i was drawing both 3' diameter circles and rectangles for the 36" clearances and noticed the circles were slightly bigger than the rectangle...then i asked myself if should not be using the rectangle sketches for the path clearances... So i tried drawing the circle again and it was the right size compared to the rectangle, even though the ID tool says both of them were 1'-6" Radius Circles.
IL 1-circles 1ft6.JPG

Are we required to have the 3 ft clearance all around the tables (conference tables, 4 person table) or as long as you can access all chairs with the 3ft clear path?... for example i wonder if you need the 3 ft clearance behind BOTH end chairs of the conference table. thanks. ok...just by asking this question i noticed i am missing the 4 ft clearance infront on the door bw LDR and SO.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joycebmartz

Re: IL - NCARB 4.0 First try

Postby mekirsc » Sat May 06, 2017 10:50 am

Circles are faster to draw and replicate than rectangles

Just watch the radius carefully and use ID tool. If they say 1-6" then youre fine. Check with rectangles if you have enough time later

table for 4 configurations: http://arehelp.webs.com/T44.jpg

Need to be able to access every chair. Additional objects can add to clearances like door and bookshelf in your case

Agreed about SO > LCR door clearance. L-shaped SO should help you take care of that one
mekirsc

Re: IL - NCARB 4.0 First try

Postby joycebmartz » Tue May 09, 2017 4:03 pm

thank you.
joycebmartz

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN