tested today - vestibule

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

tested today - vestibule

Postby aiwan » Wed May 03, 2017 1:31 pm

so I don't know if I had stupidly overlooked anything ... but the IL on the test was a LOT easier than any of the others I've done including the NCARB practice. anyone else had the same thoughts?

the BL was at the level I had expected.. was not sure about one thing... @coach, is a wall opening ok to have as space separation if two rooms (not a corridor) have the area hatch pattern? :? nervous about that one.... entry door to vestibule (also an area hatch) to corridor via wall opening... and then another wall opening to another "area"
aiwan

Re: tested today - vestibule

Postby Coach » Wed May 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Not seeing the program it's hard to say; however, vestibule is typically connected to lobby with a door.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby aiwan » Wed May 03, 2017 8:11 pm

ok... the vestibule was a circulation area pattern ... didn't encounter it during my practices ...(though I've just now seen some of the Dorf vignettes)... I had treated like a lobby space bc of that hatch ...hmm hoping for the best ...

Wish I could show it but I don't want to give anything away ...

Thanks @coach
aiwan

Postby gbalaka » Thu May 04, 2017 9:21 am

aiwan wrote:so I don't know if I had stupidly overlooked anything ... but the IL on the test was a LOT easier than any of the others I've done including the NCARB practice. anyone else had the same thoughts?

the BL was at the level I had expected.. was not sure about one thing... @coach, is a wall opening ok to have as space separation if two rooms (not a corridor) have the area hatch pattern? :? nervous about that one.... entry door to vestibule (also an area hatch) to corridor via wall opening... and then another wall opening to another "area"

The IL portion of this exam really tripped me up and I was sweating and nervous towards the end of the exam (mostly due to the 1 hour limit).

The vestibule is just as Coach has showed it. It's just a little room attached to the lobby that connects the lobby to the exterior via two doors. And they both swing in the direction of travel.

I remember searching through all the ARECoach posts as how this vestibule should look like (since i had heard about it being on the exam) and couldn't find one. Then ended up getting it on the exam and I ended up drawing it correctly.

I'm sure this post will help a future test taker.

I'm going to assume that Coach covers this in his vignette videos.
gbalaka

Postby aiwan » Thu May 11, 2017 6:24 am

Whatever happened happened but at least it was not bad enough to fail the SD...

Yay! Just one more to go (redo SPD)...! Thanks @coach and @sparky83
aiwan

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN