Interior Layout First Pass Review Please

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Interior Layout First Pass Review Please

Postby AquaRover » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Please review. The first image is where I ended up at an hour. The second image is me at least trying to finish within another five minutes to see what would have been the result.
Questions:
1. Would my "incomplete" version have passed?
2. There are several errors in the final version, but are they enough to cause me to fail?
3. I watched the NCARB YouTube video and now know that I can place a desk three feet from a wall if there is no furniture instead of placing the chair 3 feet away. Does this also apply to the work tables?
4. Can the 60" ADA turning radius overlap the door clearance and or door swing?
5. I completely missed the reception designation symbol. Where do I find it?
6. Any other feedback or tips.
Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AquaRover

Re: Interior Layout First Pass Review Please

Postby Coach » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:43 pm

AquaRover wrote:1. Would my "incomplete" version have passed?

No.

2. There are several errors in the final version, but are they enough to cause me to fail?

Yes.

3. I watched the NCARB YouTube video and now know that I can place a desk three feet from a wall if there is no furniture instead of placing the chair 3 feet away. Does this also apply to the work tables?

Worktable doesn't have a chair.

4. Can the 60" ADA turning radius overlap the door clearance and or door swing?

Door clearance, yes. Door swing, ncarb moderators say no.

5. I completely missed the reception designation symbol. Where do I find it?

Same place furniture is.

Door CFA errors.
Entire suite is inaccessible.
Handles count.
Bookcases facing walls.
Bookcase behind door.
Copier blocked by cabinet.

Coach
Site Admin

Postby AquaRover » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Thank you.
Can you clarify what you mean by "handles count", do you mean on furniture and the 3'-0" clearance?
For the "worktable" I meant in the JO office, I currently show 3'-0" between the worktable chair and the file cabinet which I know is required to access the file cabinet. I also currently show 3'-0" between the worktable chairs and the north and west walls. The "Black Spectacles" video on YouTube states that the executive desk if in front of other furniture needs 3'-0" between the chair and the other furniture, but if the executive desk is in front of a wall, you only need 3'-0" to the desk. Does this apply to the worktable and allow me to push the worktable further north and west? Does it apply to the end of the conference table (it would not apply to the side as the outer chairs would block the middle chair)?
AquaRover

Postby Coach » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:16 am

AquaRover wrote:Can you clarify what you mean by "handles count", do you mean on furniture and the 3'-0" clearance?

And turning circle, yes.

For the "worktable" I meant in the JO office,

That's not a worktable.

I currently show 3'-0" between the worktable chair and the file cabinet which I know is required to access the file cabinet. I also currently show 3'-0" between the worktable chairs and the north and west walls. The "Black Spectacles" video on YouTube states that the executive desk if in front of other furniture needs 3'-0" between the chair and the other furniture, but if the executive desk is in front of a wall, you only need 3'-0" to the desk. Does this apply to the worktable and allow me to push the worktable further north and west? Does it apply to the end of the conference table (it would not apply to the side as the outer chairs would block the middle chair)?

It's really simple. If you need to get behind a chair, provide space from the chair. If not, provide space from the table/desk.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby AquaRover » Tue May 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Thank you for the feedback. I passed.
AquaRover

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN