Building Layout First Pass Review Please

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Building Layout First Pass Review Please

Postby AquaRover » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:29 pm

Apart from a general review, I also have a few specific questions:
1. I added a window to the interior Receptionist wall to the right of the door. Is this necessary for "visual control" from within the Receptionist room?
2. The NCARB solution shows a door at the end of the corridor. I am only showing a door into the Stair and then out to the property. Is that okay?
3. Do I need to show a double door for the entrance?
4. Should I only add one window per room required to have a window? I placed a few per required room.
5. The program stated that some rooms needed "views" while others needed an "exterior window". I placed rooms needing "views" on the north side which has the view and I didn't care which direction other rooms that only needed an "exterior window" faced as long as they had a window. Is my interpretation accurate?
I'm open to any other comments or suggestions.
Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AquaRover

Re: Building Layout First Pass Review Please

Postby Coach » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:21 pm

AquaRover wrote:1. I added a window to the interior Receptionist wall to the right of the door. Is this necessary for "visual control" from within the Receptionist room?

Yes.

2. The NCARB solution shows a door at the end of the corridor. I am only showing a door into the Stair and then out to the property. Is that okay?

Yes.

3. Do I need to show a double door for the entrance?

No.

4. Should I only add one window per room required to have a window? I placed a few per required room.

I recommend doing what you did.

5. The program stated that some rooms needed "views" while others needed an "exterior window". I placed rooms needing "views" on the north side which has the view and I didn't care which direction other rooms that only needed an "exterior window" faced as long as they had a window. Is my interpretation accurate?

Yes.

Move CR door east.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby AquaRover » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Can you elaborate on "move CR door east"? Thank you.
AquaRover

Postby Coach » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:54 am

Near.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby AquaRover » Tue May 02, 2017 5:59 pm

Thank you for the feedback. I passed.
AquaRover

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN