BL - DORF ALT (Exterior access?)

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

BL - DORF ALT (Exterior access?)

Postby olga » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Please comment the BL layout. This is the DORF Alt. program. The Major View is to the South and Main Entrance is from East. It also says that "Exterior access is required in ME room. I wonder - does it mean it has to have a door or just that at least one wall has to be exposed to outside? Also ths program says: secondary exit is req'd for convenient access to the church. I assumed that the church is across the Market street (from the program), but it is not exactly clear. Then - does the exit door from MP counts as seconrady, or the stair exit door has to be towards Market St. ?
Please comment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
olga

Re: BL - DORF ALT (Exterior access?)

Postby Coach » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:51 pm

olga wrote:It also says that "Exterior access is required in ME room. I wonder - does it mean it has to have a door

Yes.

Also ths program says: secondary exit is req'd for convenient access to the church. I assumed that the church is across the Market street (from the program), but it is not exactly clear.

If it says the church is across Market then it's pretty damned clear.

Then - does the exit door from MP counts as seconrady, or the stair exit door has to be towards Market St. ?

No. If you see such a requirement -- which I seriously doubt -- it must be from circulation.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby olga » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Then - does the exit door from MP counts as seconrady, or the stair exit door has to be towards Market St. ?

No. If you see such a requirement -- which I seriously doubt -- it must be from circulation.
[/quote][/quote]

This is why I have the exit from the stair on the far end - to make it towards Market St.
olga

Postby Coach » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:15 am

olga wrote:Then - does the exit door from MP counts as seconrady, or the stair exit door has to be towards Market St. ?

[/quote]

This is why I have the exit from the stair on the far end - to make it towards Market St.[/quote]
Stair is not circulation.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby olga » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:58 am

OK, I see - it has to be from the coridor or Lobby. I saw the Dorf's passing solution with additional exit from corridor.
Thanks for pointing that out.
olga

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN