Newbie - Alt Locations with new remote desktop?

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Newbie - Alt Locations with new remote desktop?

Postby everduin83 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:29 am

Hello all, new to this forum, I was an observer of AREForum but never posted as I was not quite ready to begin testing. Its a shame that resource is not available, but over time the breadth of this forum, if correctly managed (as I'm sure it will), will far surpass that of AREForum.

I have performed several searches but have not found the answer to this, so my apologies if it as already been address and maybe a link would be appreciated.

Now that the programs is accessed via remote desktop, how (and where) can I find these alt vignettes that everyone is practicing on? I do not have the program download, I am running Windows 8 and 64 bit, so the remote desktop for $10/yr seems to be a nice fix!

I will be on here often over the next 3-4 months. I have conveniently arranged my work schedule to allow me to study 20-30 hrs a week so my plan is to essentially study FULL TIME and tackle this bear in blitz fashion.

Thank you!

Evan
everduin83

Re: Newbie - Alt Locations with new remote desktop?

Postby everduin83 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:30 am

I also apologize for the damn typos. Nothing bugs me more than that, and now I am guilty of it.
everduin83

Postby Coach » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:27 pm

Alt plans cannot be used with the remote software.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby everduin83 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:42 pm

So if I download the software, assuming I still can, where are these alts located... On this forum or the old are forum?
everduin83

Postby mwelch » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:07 pm

http://arehelp.webs.com/

You can find them here.
mwelch

Postby everduin83 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Wow, thanks for the help mwelch, I actually had to haul out my computer circa 2002 (since there is no EASY option to run virtual machine with XP on a new windows 8 machine) to get the ARE programs up and running. I haven't really looked at the alt's yet but I feel sorry for the poor souls in another year or two when the alt's will be obsolete along with the downloadable version of the software.
everduin83

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN