Dorf 2 BL ( your comments are appreciated)

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Dorf 2 BL ( your comments are appreciated)

Postby rruppe20 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Dorf 2 BL 2nd flr 2013-09-14.jpg
Dorf 2 BL 1st flr 2013-09-14.jpg
This one was a challenge. One mistake I do notice is that the Break Out (BO) is not close to the Lobby. Please let me know of any other issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rruppe20

Re: Dorf 2 BL ( your comments are appreciated)

Postby rruppe20 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:48 am

I also noticed that I am missing exterior doors to the kitchen & receiving. I guess if you are going to get deliveries you will need a door . :D
rruppe20

Re: Dorf 2 BL ( your comments are appreciated)

Postby Patry » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:46 am

I found this one tough as well. I'm just getting into this vignettes but here are my two cents:
1st Floor: make sure your south corridor leading to the library isn't further 20' to a point where you can choose from at least two directions to go toward an exit.
I think you don't have direct visual control to the entry of the Break Out room. I guess this could be argued, but I wouldn't take the risk.
If my memory isn't failing me, the program requires a direct door from the kitchen to the north service alley. The same goes for the Receiving Room.
Make sure you have a window facing east in the library. I can't see it in the image.

2nd Floor: I can't see whether you have a window in the waiting room to the MP
You could move the meeting room's door against the north wall to take it closer to the kitchenette
I've read everywhere that "L" shaped rooms should be avoided. However, this vignette makes it difficult to follow that rule.

I hope it helps. If you have time, please review some of the vignettes I've posted. I'm testing soon and I'd like to be sure there isn't anything "too obvious" that I'm missing.
Thank you!
Patry

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN