BL Questions

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

BL Questions

Postby catonahighhorse » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi All,
While reviewing this latest try at the BL Vignette, some questions came to mind:
1 Since the site has trees in the SW corner is that suggestive of having the lobby oriented/located closer to the NW corner of the site or is it fine as I show it here more towards the SW?
2 The MP space here is oriented such that the long side of the rectangle runs N-S, there are large windows in the north wall (which I hi-lighted with sketch rectangles), would this be a sufficient capture of the North View or does the program take away points for this?
3 Is the Table Storage space door sufficiently near the MP door, they sort of straddle the mid axis of the plan, but are closer than say the CR and GR doors, which are on the same half of the floor plan.
4 Any general comments on this layout would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
catonahighhorse

Re: BL Questions

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:36 pm

catonahighhorse wrote:Hi All,
While reviewing this latest try at the BL Vignette, some questions came to mind:
1 Since the site has trees in the SW corner is that suggestive of having the lobby oriented/located closer to the NW corner of the site or is it fine as I show it here more towards the SW? What do trees have to do with the lobby location?
2 The MP space here is oriented such that the long side of the rectangle runs N-S, there are large windows in the north wall (which I hi-lighted with sketch rectangles), would this be a sufficient capture of the North View or does the program take away points for this? Nothing in the code or program mentions the orientation of the axis of the room.
3 Is the Table Storage space door sufficiently near the MP door, they sort of straddle the mid axis of the plan, but are closer than say the CR and GR doors, which are on the same half of the floor plan. TS/MP, yes. CR/MP, no. Why not move the CR door east?
4 Any general comments on this layout would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Sparky83

Postby catonahighhorse » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:07 am

Thanks Sparky.

If the CR door moves towards the east, it results in a more (perhaps too?) acute angle of viewing from Reception, otherwise I would have done as you suggested. Does one trump the other here?

The program does not explicitly state any relation between the lobby and trees, or room axis orientation; however, per the vignette directions "the orientation of the building should be responsive to the site influences", that just led me to wonder if these would be issues. Thanks for clarifying.
catonahighhorse

Postby Sparky83 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:28 am

catonahighhorse wrote:Thanks Sparky.

If the CR door moves towards the east, it results in a more (perhaps too?) acute angle of viewing from Reception, otherwise I would have done as you suggested. Does one trump the other here? Move the R door and put a window in it's place. ;)

The program does not explicitly state any relation between the lobby and trees, or room axis orientation; however, per the vignette directions "the orientation of the building should be responsive to the site influences", that just led me to wonder if these would be issues. Thanks for clarifying. In this particular program, there isn't anything on the site that influences the building. If you had a view requirement on the 2nd floor, and trees blocked that view, you would need to account for it, etc.
Sparky83

Postby catonahighhorse » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:45 am

HA! A window, novel idea. Thanks Sparky
catonahighhorse

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN