Roof Vignette- Test on Tuesday

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Roof Vignette- Test on Tuesday

Postby mofakham » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Please review and comment;

Question;
- To be safe should I add 4' to the top of lower roof (17'-3") and start the upper roof from 21'-3" or the way I show is fine?
- If I have two gutters at a corner should I have them intersected and crisscrossed? Or extend one more and stop the other one shorter?
- I drew two separate gutters on east side for low and high roof and put two downspouts on each end. Is two downspouts required for each gutter or I can do one if less than 10 feet?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mofakham on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mofakham

Re: Roof Vignette- Test on Tuesday

Postby Steffa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi, I wanted to check on your vignette but its too small to see even when i save it, could you upload a bigger attachment?
Steffa

Postby mofakham » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:47 pm

Steffa wrote:Hi, I wanted to check on your vignette but its too small to see even when i save it, could you upload a bigger attachment?
Please try now.
mofakham

Postby Steffa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:31 pm

it looks good to me. the lowest point at the high roof is 6" more than whats needed, may not be a big deal but i think it can just be exactly 17'-6" (14'+1'-6"+2').

- To be safe should I add 4' to the top of lower roof (17'-3") and start the upper roof from 21'-3" or the way I show is fine?
I think its fine as it is.

- If I have two gutters at a corner should I have them intersected and crisscrossed? Or extend one more and stop the other one shorter?
not sure what this is referring to...

- I drew two separate gutters on east side for low and high roof and put two downspouts on each end. Is two downspouts required for each gutter or I can do one if less than 10 feet?
I just found a response from coach on another post, One is fine for gutters less than 15'.
Steffa

Postby mofakham » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:53 pm

Steffa wrote:it looks good to me. the lowest point at the high roof is 6" more than whats needed, may not be a big deal but i think it can just be exactly 17'-6" (14'+1'-6"+2').Right. For some reason I thought the clearstory is 2'-6"! I hope I don't make mistakes like this at my exam

I think its fine as it is.

not sure what this is referring to...I just uploaded a file regarding this. Imagine you have two roof intersecting at a corner like attached. I am wondering how the intersection of gutters should be?

I just found a response from coach on another post, One is fine for gutters less than 15'.Awesome Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mofakham

Postby Coach » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:16 am

mofakham wrote:- To be safe should I add 4' to the top of lower roof (17'-3") and start the upper roof from 21'-3" or the way I show is fine?

No. Low ridge doesn't affect clerestory location.

Neither. At outside corners, gutter should match edge of roof, and that won't be an issue if you avoid hips, which is recommended.

One is enough for 15' or less.

HVAC too close to edge of roof.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby mofakham » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:09 am

Got it Coach. Thank you!
mofakham

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS