Ramp Vignette- Test on Tuesday

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Ramp Vignette- Test on Tuesday

Postby mofakham » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi,

Here is my solution. Please comment.

A few questions;
- I know most people use the same ramp width as landing; 60", but I would like to know if this is correct or not. Do you recomend 5' wide ramp instead of 44"?
- I also have an useless rectangular space and it is less than 36" wide. Is there anything wrong with that?
- I show railing for 3" landing. It is not required per this program but is this considered a minor error?
- The handrail cannot encroach to 60" turning space at landing. Correct?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mofakham

Re: Ramp Vignette- Test on Tuesday

Postby Coach » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:45 am

mofakham wrote:- I know most people use the same ramp width as landing; 60", but I would like to know if this is correct or not. Do you recomend 5' wide ramp instead of 44"?

Sometimes it's easier to use 60". sometimes it's necessary. In this layout it's necessary because you should not leave dead spaces.

- I also have an useless rectangular space and it is less than 36" wide. Is there anything wrong with that?

Yep. And it doesn't matter how wide it is, it's dead space.

- I show railing for 3" landing. It is not required per this program but is this considered a minor error?

It is required because you need guardrails.

- The handrail cannot encroach to 60" turning space at landing. Correct?

When required, turning circles must be clear. 90-degree turns do not require turning circles.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Ramp Vignette- Test on Tuesday

Postby mofakham » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:27 am

Got it. Thanks!
mofakham

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS