Roof Vignette 4.0

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Roof Vignette 4.0

Postby KenArquitech » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi all,

For the roof over the exhibition room I used the highest spot elevation from the lower roof then added my 24" (clerestory) + 18" (roof structure) to generate the spot elevation on the Southwest corner of the top roof. I feel there is a far better logic. Is the general rule of thumb to not let the bottom side of the top roof go lower than the top surface of the bottom roof?

Hindsight I suppose my upper roof could be lower in this iteration. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KenArquitech

Re: Roof Vignette 4.0

Postby Coach » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:44 pm

KenArquitech wrote:For the roof over the exhibition room I used the highest spot elevation from the lower roof then added my 24" (clerestory) + 18" (roof structure) to generate the spot elevation on the Southwest corner of the top roof.

That's incorrect. Use highest low roof point at clerestory wall -- Unless there's a reason to make it higher, like making sure upper roof is always above lower.

I feel there is a far better logic.

For what?

Is the general rule of thumb to not let the bottom side of the top roof go lower than the top surface of the bottom roof?

Use symmetrical gables.

Hindsight I suppose my upper roof could be lower in this iteration. Suggestions welcome.

Use symmetrical gables.

Upper and lower gutters on east side must be drawn independently and not share downspout.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS