Stair Vignette 4.0

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Stair Vignette 4.0

Postby KenArquitech » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi all,

Stair Vignette Attached. I've been looking at other posts for awhile and see a lot of generously sized 2nd floor landings. My understanding is that a 5'-0" x 5'-0" CFA from door hinge is required in addition to the AOR with another 4" clear on the edges of the landing for your railings (encroachment of hand-railing allowed for 12" extension). With all this in consideration I find my landing to still be smaller than most posts on this website with no explanation. Am I missing something?

Any feedback helpful thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KenArquitech

Re: Stair Vignette 4.0

Postby Coach » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:15 pm

KenArquitech wrote:Stair Vignette Attached. I've been looking at other posts for awhile and see a lot of generously sized 2nd floor landings. My understanding is that a 5'-0" x 5'-0" CFA from door hinge is required

Looks like yours starts at the wall and distance from door to AOR is less than 24".

With all this in consideration I find my landing to still be smaller than most posts on this website with no explanation. Am I missing something?

Going larger than required (within reason) is not a problem. Some are larger because top run has fewer treads.

Stop rails at cut line.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Stair Vignette 4.0

Postby KenArquitech » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:21 am

Got it. Stupid mistakes.

Thanks Coach.
KenArquitech

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS