NCARB 3.1 Roof Vignette

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

NCARB 3.1 Roof Vignette

Postby kajmera » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:03 pm

NCARB 3.1 for the roof vignette. For upper roof, I did 15'+2'6" for skylight +1'6" for roof assembly = 19'

I didn't add skylight in the waiting room assuming that since the windows on the north line up with the windows in the vestibule, the daylight would come through. Is that correct? Also, the clerestory automatically kept drawing to the edge of vestibule in the software - I couldn't stop it at the edge of waiting room. Is that ok? I see that the NCARB 3.1 solution does have it stopping at waiting room. And last thing is the cricket I have drawn is kind of short - should I have moved the ridge of the upper roof south a bit to allow for longer cricket?

Thank you for any other feedback!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kajmera

Re: NCARB 3.1 Roof Vignette

Postby Coach » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:09 pm

kajmera wrote:I didn't add skylight in the waiting room assuming that since the windows on the north line up with the windows in the vestibule, the daylight would come through. Is that correct?

No. Not adding a skylight is correct, reasoning is wrong. No skylight because room has an exterior window -- the clerestory.

Also, the clerestory automatically kept drawing to the edge of vestibule in the software - I couldn't stop it at the edge of waiting room. Is that ok?

Clerestory line length is fixed. You're using the 4.0 software so it was sized for the 4.0 program.

And last thing is the cricket I have drawn is kind of short - should I have moved the ridge of the upper roof south a bit to allow for longer cricket?

If you want to slope that direction, even though I preach symmetrical gables, I would have moved the ridge to middle of chimney and eliminate cricket altogether.

Passable.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: NCARB 3.1 Roof Vignette

Postby kajmera » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Coach wrote:
kajmera wrote:I didn't add skylight in the waiting room assuming that since the windows on the north line up with the windows in the vestibule, the daylight would come through. Is that correct?

No. Not adding a skylight is correct, reasoning is wrong. No skylight because room has an exterior window -- the clerestory. You're right! I don't know why I didn't register that

Also, the clerestory automatically kept drawing to the edge of vestibule in the software - I couldn't stop it at the edge of waiting room. Is that ok?

Clerestory line length is fixed. You're using the 4.0 software so it was sized for the 4.0 program. Got it.

And last thing is the cricket I have drawn is kind of short - should I have moved the ridge of the upper roof south a bit to allow for longer cricket?

If you want to slope that direction, even though I preach symmetrical gables, I would have moved the ridge to middle of chimney and eliminate cricket altogether. Ohh that makes a lot more sense. Thanks Coach! Appreciate all your feedback!

Passable.
kajmera

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS