NCARB 3.1 Accessibility/Ramp Vignette

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

NCARB 3.1 Accessibility/Ramp Vignette

Postby kajmera » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:35 pm

Trying the alternates using 3.1 vignettes now. I originally only had 5' x 5' sketch rectangles to measure the landings clearances, but then I drew 2'6" radius sketch circle and it seems to be 2" bigger! So i ended up adjusting everything by 2" as you can tell by the overlap in sketch rectangles... For the test though, if I didn't have time to adjust everything last minute, would it be ok to leave it as is? I am hoping this just happened because of the weird tolerances in the NCARB software..? :?

The ramp and stair are both 5' wide. Any other feedback will be very helpful. Thank you in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kajmera

Re: NCARB 3.1 Accessibility/Ramp Vignette

Postby Coach » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm

kajmera wrote:I originally only had 5' x 5' sketch rectangles to measure the landings clearances, but then I drew 2'6" radius sketch circle and it seems to be 2" bigger! So i ended up adjusting everything by 2" as you can tell by the overlap in sketch rectangles... For the test though, if I didn't have time to adjust everything last minute, would it be ok to leave it as is? I am hoping this just happened because of the weird tolerances in the NCARB software..? :?

Circles render large. Use rectangles.

If those rail guides are 2", they should be 3".
Coach
Site Admin

Postby kajmera » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:29 pm

Thank you Coach! It's great to know about using rectangles rather than circles. For the railings, yes, I have the sketch rectangles at 2" because I figured it would be safer to have the railings encroach 3" instead of 4". Is it just best practice to use 3" wide sketch rectangles and have the railings encroach 4"?

Coach wrote:
kajmera wrote:I originally only had 5' x 5' sketch rectangles to measure the landings clearances, but then I drew 2'6" radius sketch circle and it seems to be 2" bigger! So i ended up adjusting everything by 2" as you can tell by the overlap in sketch rectangles... For the test though, if I didn't have time to adjust everything last minute, would it be ok to leave it as is? I am hoping this just happened because of the weird tolerances in the NCARB software..? :?

Circles render large. Use rectangles.

If those rail guides are 2", they should be 3".
kajmera

Postby Coach » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:35 pm

kajmera wrote:For the railings, yes, I have the sketch rectangles at 2" because I figured it would be safer to have the railings encroach 3" instead of 4". Is it just best practice to use 3" wide sketch rectangles and have the railings encroach 4"?

That's what I recommend. To be clear, that's 3" to the insertion points at the center of the rail.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby kajmera » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Yes, got it. Thank you!
Coach wrote:
kajmera wrote:For the railings, yes, I have the sketch rectangles at 2" because I figured it would be safer to have the railings encroach 3" instead of 4". Is it just best practice to use 3" wide sketch rectangles and have the railings encroach 4"?

That's what I recommend. To be clear, that's 3" to the insertion points at the center of the rail.
kajmera

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS