NCARB Stair Vignette

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

NCARB Stair Vignette

Postby kajmera » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:12 pm

This is my first attempt at the Stair vignette. The stair width is 56" (to accommodate the 48" between handrails). I used 7" risers and 12" treads.

Couple of questions:
- See red rectangle on ground floor - is this extension a problem since it's encroaching into the push and pull clearance for the door?
- Where do we need to pay attention to the headroom? Just the area that's part of the egress on ground floor correct? I am asking because my intermediate landing is at 7' which would only allow 6' under it.

Any other feedback is much appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kajmera

Re: NCARB Stair Vignette

Postby Coach » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:00 pm

kajmera wrote:- See red rectangle on ground floor - is this extension a problem since it's encroaching into the push and pull clearance for the door?

Rail mounted on door wall may encroach.

- Where do we need to pay attention to the headroom? Just the area that's part of the egress on ground floor correct? I am asking because my intermediate landing is at 7' which would only allow 6' under it.

And why doesn't the 1-9 landing concern you? They are no different other than height.
You must provide required headroom at required paths of egress.

CFA starts at hinge, not wall.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby kajmera » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Thanks Coach! I moved the CFA and it JUST clears the area of refuge when started at the hinge. Can the area of refuge overlap with the CFA? I am thinking no they can't, but just confirming.

Coach wrote:
kajmera wrote:- See red rectangle on ground floor - is this extension a problem since it's encroaching into the push and pull clearance for the door?

Rail mounted on door wall may encroach.

And why doesn't the 1-9 landing concern you? They are no different other than height.
You must provide required headroom at required paths of egress.

CFA starts at hinge, not wall.
kajmera

Postby Coach » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:50 pm

kajmera wrote:Can the area of refuge overlap with the CFA?

No.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS