3.1 Ramp First Try

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

3.1 Ramp First Try

Postby Concord55 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:34 am

This is my first try at the 3.1 Ramp vignette.

I left a 5' wide clearance along the exit area to maintain egress width since the ramp doesn't align perfectly with the double doors at the exit.

Is it acceptable to just use one 36" door to get out of the exit corridor into the lobby? The code doesn't say anything about occupancy, just that the door needs 32" clear width.

Thanks for any feedback/suggestions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Concord55

Re: 3.1 Ramp First Try

Postby Coach » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:06 pm

Concord55 wrote:Is it acceptable to just use one 36" door to get out of the exit corridor into the lobby?

Yes. The only time I'd consider needing a pair is if two exit doors are upstream of the new wall. And then only provide a pair if there's room.

8" landing requires a clear turning circle.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby Concord55 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Thanks very much for your replies!

For the 5’ turning circle on the 8” high landing, I made the landing 5’x10’ and then with the handrail projections I am then encroaching on the clear turning radius. Have I understood that correctly? When the landing is against the wall you normally don’t need a handrail on the wall side so then you would have enough room, but here my landing requires a handrail so I would need to increase the landing size a bit.
Concord55

Postby Coach » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Concord55 wrote: but here my landing requires a handrail so I would need to increase the landing size a bit.

Correct.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS