Roof Vignette - First Try

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Roof Vignette - First Try

Postby sshust15 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:12 am

Hi guys! I just wanted to get opinions on this as well as get clarification on a few things.

1. Because of the slope of the lower roof, should the skylights be rotated to have the long dimension run with the slope?
2. Do skylights need crickets?
3. The condenser should be somewhere out of way. You cannot put it in front of the clerestory because views and I did not want to place it over the lobby as that is the main access to exhibit room. That is why I placed it in the lounge. Is that fair reasoning?
4. Are my plumbing vents ok or do I need a vent at each fixture on the shared wall?

Thanks for the assist guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sshust15

Re: Roof Vignette - First Try

Postby Coach » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:31 am

sshust15 wrote:1. Because of the slope of the lower roof, should the skylights be rotated to have the long dimension run with the slope?

No.

2. Do skylights need crickets?

Read the program.

3. The condenser should be somewhere out of way. You cannot put it in front of the clerestory because views and I did not want to place it over the lobby as that is the main access to exhibit room. That is why I placed it in the lounge. Is that fair reasoning?

It's fine.

4. Are my plumbing vents ok

Move toilet room vent closer to middle of fixture cluster.

or do I need a vent at each fixture on the shared wall?

No.

What is cricket for?
Upper roof higher than necessary.
Downspout at each end is sufficient.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS