I PASSED!!

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

I PASSED!!

Postby JabariG » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:25 am

:D :D Thanks to Coach and everyone who posts questions/answers here! I think the combination of Coach's Vignette Videos and actually posting my vignettes for feedback did the trick. It's better to have you guys catch my dumb mistakes instead of NCARB's dumb computer. ;)
Now it's on to PPP (again). :roll:
JabariG

Re: I PASSED!!

Postby maddoleh » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Congrats! What did you study?
maddoleh

Re: I PASSED!!

Postby JabariG » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:30 am

I hesitate to share my approach because I doubt it will work for others but...
I only read Kaplan. I usually review Ballast and other books as well, but with limited time for studying, I gambled on quality instead of quantity. I took detailed handwritten notes which helped me retain more information. Whenever I ran across concepts that I either didn't or only partially understood I would search youtube videos for further details, i.e., prestressed concrete, water/dampproofing, types of wood cutting, etc.
I used the archiflash cards every morning/evening on my subway commute.
For the vignettes, in addition to Coach's videos I watched the Dorf videos. I spent almost a week doing each vignette multiple times to get my game plan down to muscle memory. I also used an iOS app, called gFlash, to make flashcards for vocabulary and snapshot images of helpful sketches/diagrams from Kaplan, i.e., brick patterns, door construction, etc.
I hope that helps. :D
JabariG

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS