Study Materials

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Study Materials

Postby cuervo383 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:41 pm

Hello,

Aside from studying Kaplan and Ballast text and tests, there are some books I saw on the NCARB exam guide listed as reference, which I have.
Let me know if what you recommend to study from each book, if any, or if there are only specific areas which I should focus on.

The Architect’s Handbook of Professional Practice
    Building Construction Illustrated
    Fundamentals of Building Construction

Thanks in advance!
cuervo383

Re: Study Materials

Postby wws341234 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:53 am

cuervo383 wrote:Hello,

Aside from studying Kaplan and Ballast text and tests, there are some books I saw on the NCARB exam guide listed as reference, which I have.
Let me know if what you recommend to study from each book, if any, or if there are only specific areas which I should focus on.

Thanks in advance!

There are a couple of books i would invest in buying because it's really useful. if you have not taken CDS or PPP yet, I would recommend get your hands on AHPP, as it is really helpful. I would also recommend FBC as it is also very useful for BDCS and you can always keep it as reference.

If you do buy the FBC, I would recommend you focus on this book first and pair it with the Grant Adams online course. it's around 20+ hrs and it gets quite in depth, but the course is well structured and in my opinion is better than some of the online courses available for purchase, but that's just me.

Or better yet, if you're on budget, just check it out from your local library. it doesn't matter what edition it is, i'm going thru the Third Edition now, but i also read the 5th ed in the library and i can tell you it's the same thing.

hope this helps
wws341234

Postby cuervo383 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:14 am

wws341234 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

There are a couple of books i would invest in buying because it's really useful. if you have not taken CDS or PPP yet, I would recommend get your hands on AHPP, as it is really helpful. I would also recommend FBC as it is also very useful for BDCS and you can always keep it as reference.

If you do buy the FBC, I would recommend you focus on this book first and pair it with the Grant Adams online course. it's around 20+ hrs and it gets quite in depth, but the course is well structured and in my opinion is better than some of the online courses available for purchase, but that's just me.

Or better yet, if you're on budget, just check it out from your local library. it doesn't matter what edition it is, i'm going thru the Third Edition now, but i also read the 5th ed in the library and i can tell you it's the same thing.

hope this helps

Thank you that's great information!! I have the FBC fourth edition. Do you recommend I actually read through the book, or skim it for the diagrams? Seems like a large book to go through?
cuervo383

Postby wws341234 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:29 pm

cuervo383 wrote:
wws341234 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

hope this helps

Thank you that's great information!! I have the FBC fourth edition. Do you recommend I actually read through the book, or skim it for the diagrams? Seems like a large book to go through?

I would recommend you to pair it with the Grant Adams course. It's 22+hrs, if you got the time.

Grant%20Adams%20Lectures%20List%20of%20Videos.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wws341234

Postby cuervo383 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:33 pm

wws341234 wrote:
cuervo383 wrote:
wws341234 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

hope this helps

I would recommend you to pair it with the Grant Adams course. It's 22+hrs, if you got the time.

Grant%20Adams%20Lectures%20List%20of%20Videos.pdf

Great thanks for the link!
cuervo383

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS