Roof Vignette First Practice

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Roof Vignette First Practice

Postby cuervo383 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:19 pm

Hello all,

Taking my first roof practice vignette. See my solution attached below.
Some questions:

The clerestory would not draw the entire length of the west wall. I placed it in the middle. That ok?

Is it ok if the flashing and clerestory overlap? Or should the clerestory be placed inside the wall?

Program says all rooms to have natural light, but exclude hall, closets, or storage rooms. What about toilet rooms?

Placed one plumbing stack vent for every back to back plumbing fixtures. That ok?

On some of the roofs, i placed the DS not at the very edge just because you couldnt see them over the elevation marker. That ok?

I noticed that when you click on the "Set Roof" command, it cycles through the corner elevs, and then it only displays only 1. Does it matter what it ends up displaying?

Roof_01.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cuervo383

Re: Roof Vignette First Practice

Postby Coach » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:57 pm

cuervo383 wrote:The clerestory would not draw the entire length of the west wall. I placed it in the middle. That ok?

It's a fixed object. Just make sure it's completely in the programmed room.

Is it ok if the flashing and clerestory overlap? Or should the clerestory be placed inside the wall?

Clerestory should be in wall where windows are usually shown.

Program says all rooms to have natural light, but exclude hall, closets, or storage rooms. What about toilet rooms?

What about them?

Placed one plumbing stack vent for every back to back plumbing fixtures. That ok?

Yes, but more than necessary.

On some of the roofs, i placed the DS not at the very edge just because you couldnt see them over the elevation marker. That ok?

They're fine but don't worry about that. Computer sees all.

I noticed that when you click on the "Set Roof" command, it cycles through the corner elevs, and then it only displays only 1. Does it matter what it ends up displaying?

Nope.

HVAC too close to edge of roof.
Don't cross gutters at outside corner.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby cuervo383 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:20 am

Coach wrote:
cuervo383 wrote:The clerestory would not draw the entire length of the west wall. I placed it in the middle. That ok?

What about them?

Nope.

Thanks coach. Got it!
So i guess when it says hvac no closer than 3' from roof edge, it means any edge.
cuervo383

Postby cuervo383 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:22 pm

cuervo383 wrote:
Coach wrote:

What about them?

Nope.

Thanks coach. Got it!
So i guess when it says hvac no closer than 3' from roof edge, it means any edge.

Going back to the Toilet rooms, i placed a skylight over them. That good?
cuervo383

Postby Coach » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:58 pm

cuervo383 wrote:Going back to the Toilet rooms, i placed a skylight over them. That good?

Are you confusing toilet compartments for separate rooms.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby cuervo383 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:27 pm

Coach wrote:
cuervo383 wrote:Going back to the Toilet rooms, i placed a skylight over them. That good?

Are you confusing toilet compartments for separate rooms.

No. I'm wondering if the Restrooms need to have a skylight. Per the program, it says all rooms need natural light, except closets, hallways. Just wanted to make sure my assumption of putting askylight in the restooms is correct.
Thanks!
cuervo383

Postby Coach » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:31 am

Restrooms are not halls, closets or storage rooms.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby cuervo383 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Coach wrote:Restrooms are not halls, closets or storage rooms.

Got it thanks coach! Just wanted to make sure. You can't ever be too safe with these things
cuervo383

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS