PASS - What to study

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

PASS - What to study

Postby yup1961 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 am

Hello everyone (echo, echo, echo...)
Here's what I did to eek out pass with time running out on the clock here for possible retakes:

1) Ballast - I read it 2 times all the way through, and some chapters maybe three. This was my primary study source.

2) Kaplan - I read it once. This guide been great for a lot of my other tests but not for this one. Read it to get an idea of the scope, and then ignore it, as it doesn't go into enough detail.

And that's it. Originally I was going to slog through FoBC but stopped after one chapter because it would take forever.

The vignettes, as always, search this forum relentlessly in the final 2 weeks (you need 2 weeks to dedicate to this if you work full time) for reasons why people did the vignette wrong, and practice every day even if it hurts.

I took this one towards the end of my journey here, and I have to say that there's a lot of information I knew on this test because I either studied it for a different test or learned about it in the field. This really is the general "architecture" test so the more experience you have, the better you're going to do.
yup1961

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS