Pass and and thank you!

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Pass and and thank you!

Postby home_alone » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:28 pm

Thank you all for your help, just got my pass!

My advice is:

- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Understand it but don’t go crazy with minutiae.
- FCB and BCI books critical to read cover to cover and much more enjoyable than Ballast
- Don’t over study materials, give at lease 25% of your time to brushing up on CDS, PPP, SPD. I re read those ballast chapters in the final week.
- Use YouTube when you’re tired of reading. Every trade group out there has a YouTube channnel. Portland Cement Institute is great.
- Read ballast environmental and Ada and code sections before every exam
- Practice All vignette alts. I did concepts by hand for every vignette I could find rather than spending time closely following the program. Train yourself to see patterns and deal with tricky headroom situations.

Thank you all!!
home_alone

Re: Pass and and thank you!

Postby nidagm » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:06 pm

home_alone wrote:Thank you all for your help, just got my pass!

My advice is:

- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Understand it but don’t go crazy with minutiae.
- FCB and BCI books critical to read cover to cover and much more enjoyable than Ballast
- Don’t over study materials, give at lease 25% of your time to brushing up on CDS, PPP, SPD. I re read those ballast chapters in the final week.
- Use YouTube when you’re tired of reading. Every trade group out there has a YouTube channnel. Portland Cement Institute is great.
- Read ballast environmental and Ada and code sections before every exam
- Practice All vignette alts. I did concepts by hand for every vignette I could find rather than spending time closely following the program. Train yourself to see patterns and deal with tricky headroom situations.

Thank you all!!

Congratulations!!! This is one the most comprehensive divisions I heard. You recommended on brushing up on CDS, PPP, SPD. How about BS?
nidagm

Re: Pass and and thank you!

Postby home_alone » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:33 am

I am studying for BS now but I did skim the BS chapters in that final week also. I wouldn't study it in heavy detail though.
home_alone

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS