Ramp and stair - please review!

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Ramp and stair - please review!

Postby home_alone » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:45 pm

Hi Coach,

Please take a look. I intentionally tried to get creative with these. Please let me know if anything jumps out especially:

Stair Vignette:

- Door swinging into top landing at stair vignette has enough clarance. Anything needed beyond normal pull side clearance / AofR clearance?

- "L-shaped" landing at SW stair vignette corner ok?

- Confirm that since we have 4'-8" stair width requirement due to AofR (48" between rails plus 4" handrail projection at each side) that I should hold that width all the way down. I'm assuming egress width should not narrow.

Ramp Vignette:

- For the ramp I am using an extra long 30" elev landing. I held the width at 60" to simplify things. But would it have been acceptable to make this long landing only 44" wide as long as I had a 60x60 landing in the south east corner and a 44 x 44 landing at the NE corner?

- In the SW corner the switchback landing is 60" x 120" so this should fit a 60" turn around between rails.

- And finally I just realized I may have an error because stair width reduces to 44" coming off 60" landing at NE corner?

Thank you as always!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
home_alone

Re: Ramp and stair - please review!

Postby Coach » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:14 pm

home_alone wrote:Stair Vignette:
- Door swinging into top landing at stair vignette has enough clarance. Anything needed beyond normal pull side clearance / AofR clearance?

Can't tell without sketch elements.

- "L-shaped" landing at SW stair vignette corner ok?

Yes.

- Confirm that since we have 4'-8" stair width requirement due to AofR (48" between rails plus 4" handrail projection at each side) that I should hold that width all the way down. I'm assuming egress width should not narrow.

Of course. That's not an assumption, it's in black and white.

Ramp Vignette:
- For the ramp I am using an extra long 30" elev landing. I held the width at 60" to simplify things. But would it have been acceptable to make this long landing only 44" wide as long as I had a 60x60 landing in the south east corner and a 44 x 44 landing at the NE corner?

Yes.

- And finally I just realized I may have an error because stair width reduces to 44" coming off 60" landing at NE corner?

That's not an error.

Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS