Stair Vignette: Please help.

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Stair Vignette: Please help.

Postby dampok » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:29 am

Worked again on the stair vignette. Please comment. I still have two things which I am confused about. Coach could you help please.
1. Will a 48" width between the handrails be enough or do I have to calculate the width as 180 people on the second floor times the 0.3 as per the minimum width per the code (capacity of exit components)?
2. Will the handrail extension near the janitor room door affect the maneuvering clearance depth of 48". Not sure if the handrail is wall mounted or floor supported.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dampok

Re: Stair Vignette: Please help.

Postby Coach » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:00 am

dampok wrote:1. Will a 48" width between the handrails be enough or do I have to calculate the width as 180 people on the second floor times the 0.3 as per the minimum width per the code (capacity of exit components)?

You have to use whatever results in the widest stair. 180 is not the correct occupant load.

2. Will the handrail extension near the janitor room door affect the maneuvering clearance depth of 48". Not sure if the handrail is wall mounted or floor supported.

It's on the wall.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Stair Vignette: Please help.

Postby dampok » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:10 am

Thank you coach. I noticed that there is a second stair and 2 exits altogether which I believe brings the occupant load in each stair to 90 people.
dampok

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS