Passed and DONE!!!

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Passed and DONE!!!

Postby boston1 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:39 am

I took the exam last Tues. and just found out that I passed. This was my last one and I had been putting it off for months even though I could feel June 30 2018 creeping up. It's so great to be over with this thing.

This was the most broad exam in my opinion. Its not just materials and methods. Pay attention to the NCARB exam guide content areas, including the management and sustainability sections. I didn't hit these when studying much and it rattled me during the exam. That combined with a cold left me really unsure of whether I passed.
I had a few curveballs on the vignettes but I just stuck to my method I used in practice. Posting on this forum is a must. I don't know how anyone passes without doing it.

It took me over 4 years to take all 7 tests. I do not recommend this at all and wished I would have have a more steady regimen (1 every 5 months or something). Instead I took a year off between SPD and PPP and again between PPP and BS. Life happens though. We moved to a new state and had our first child during this time.
Order:
SD
CDS
SPD
PPP
BS
SS
BDCS

I'm glad I saved BDCS for last as I really leaned on what I had studied for past exams. More so than I would have thought.

I can't thank everyone enough (especially Coach!) for reviewing my practice and answering questions. Best of luck to everyone! Just keep at it!
boston1

Re: Passed and DONE!!!

Postby alexwilkosz24 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:57 am

Congrats. I recently finished as well and also took time off for our first child, and I also regret it. But we are done!

Great job.
alexwilkosz24

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS