RAMP VIGNETTE.TEST IN 3 DAYS.FIRST TRY. HELP!

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

RAMP VIGNETTE.TEST IN 3 DAYS.FIRST TRY. HELP!

Postby bovannu01 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:46 am

Hey guys,

Just tried the ramp vignette. Have a lot of questions below. please help!

1. I placed an exit door between the lobby and exit corridor. They require minimum 32 inches clear width door. If I place a 32 inches door, the clear width is less than 32", so I placed a 36 inches door. Is that right?

2. I allow some clearances in front of the exit door (see attachment). Please let me know if it's correct.

3. The requirement says they need continuous handrail. however I can only draw them as segment. They don't even connect. They just overlap. . Is that OK?

4. Is there any clearance for the bottom landing of the stairs? (see attachment)

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bovannu01

Re: RAMP VIGNETTE.TEST IN 3 DAYS.FIRST TRY. HELP!

Postby Sparky83 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:19 am

bovannu01 wrote:Hey guys,

Just tried the ramp vignette. Have a lot of questions below. please help!

1. I placed an exit door between the lobby and exit corridor. They require minimum 32 inches clear width door. If I place a 32 inches door, the clear width is less than 32", so I placed a 36 inches door. Is that right? Yes.

2. I allow some clearances in front of the exit door (see attachment). Please let me know if it's correct. The clearance can overlap the 30" landing. It's all the same level.

3. The requirement says they need continuous handrail. however I can only draw them as segment. They don't even connect. They just overlap. . Is that OK? Yes.

4. Is there any clearance for the bottom landing of the stairs? (see attachment) Yes, same as any landing. As shown is inadequate...fatal.

Thank you!
Sparky83

Postby bovannu01 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:35 pm

Thanks Sparky83.

One thing I'm not so sure about is the landing clearances. Can you let me know:

1. Landing clearances at the bottom of stairs? Is it 5x5?

2. What is the 30" landing that you mention before?

Thanks!
bovannu01

Postby Sparky83 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:23 pm

bovannu01 wrote:Thanks Sparky83.

One thing I'm not so sure about is the landing clearances. Can you let me know:
1. Landing clearances at the bottom of stairs? Is it 5x5? Landings are described in the program.
2. What is the 30" landing that you mention before? ...the 30" landing you drew.

Thanks!
Sparky83

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS