BDCS - 4.0 Ramp - Please Review

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

BDCS - 4.0 Ramp - Please Review

Postby RFalcone » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:22 am

At the stair, the west rail projects 3" into the required clear travel width (44"). This is acceptable as long as it is less than 4", correct?

Please verify, the 5'-0" turning radius is only required at switchback landings where there is a 180 degree turn and not at L-shaped landings. I am pretty sure this is true, but just want to make sure.

Is it acceptable for railings to project into door clearances? or just avoid it.

Thank you!!!

BDCS-Ramp-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RFalcone

Re: BDCS - 4.0 Ramp - Please Review

Postby carpar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:51 pm

RFalcone wrote:At the stair, the west rail projects 3" into the required clear travel width (44"). This is acceptable as long as it is less than 4", correct?

Please verify, the 5'-0" turning radius is only required at switchback landings where there is a 180 degree turn and not at L-shaped landings. I am pretty sure this is true, but just want to make sure.

Is it acceptable for railings to project into door clearances? or just avoid it.

I am curious about this too Coach, eventhough this is not the case... can the handrails project into the CFA on the wall?
Thank you!

Thank you!!!

BDCS-Ramp-1.jpg
carpar

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS