Ramp Vignette--Testing Monday

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Ramp Vignette--Testing Monday

Postby lesliediane » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:43 am

Please review my vignette. A couple questions:

Is there any real rhyme or reason to where to place the wall and door? I know that the railings can't encroach on the door clearance, but can the turning circle overlap? I've seen some people place it way back and some put it pretty close to the landing, but I have seen no comments on it. Any thoughts?

I DON'T need a turning circle at 90 degree turns right? So those ramps only have to be 60x60 and the railings can overlap this 60", right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lesliediane

Re: Ramp Vignette--Testing Monday

Postby lesliediane » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Also, does it matter which direction I draw the ramps in? Or does the software figure out their slope direction based on the landing elevations? Same question for the stair (and stairs in the Stair Vignette).
lesliediane

Postby Coach » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:35 pm

lesliediane wrote:Is there any real rhyme or reason to where to place the wall and door?

Where it makes sense. No reason to crowd solution.

I know that the railings can't encroach on the door clearance, but can the turning circle overlap?

Turning circles not required in this solution. When required, they must be clear.

I DON'T need a turning circle at 90 degree turns right? So those ramps only have to be 60x60 and the railings can overlap this 60", right?

Correct.

Looks good.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby Coach » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:36 pm

lesliediane wrote: Or does the software figure out their slope direction based on the landing elevations?

Yes.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS